May is Mediterranean Diet month and many companies offer a wide range of Mediterranean foods, ingredients and recipes including Ziyad Brothers Importing at www.Ziyad.com. The Mediterranean Diet is one of the healthiest diets for consumers. .
The Dietary Guidelines Advisory Council that helps shape the country’s official dietary guidelines, recently suggested that Americans follow a Mediterranean-style diet. The Mediterranean Diet has been studied and noted by scores of leading scientists as one of the healthiest lifestyles in the world.
May is Mediterranean Diet Month, where retailers, health professionals, chefs and the media discuss the benefits and offer suggestions on how to follow this type of lifestyle, according to a recent press release from Mediterra. Click here. The Mediterranean Diet emphasizes eating more whole grains, fruits, greens and healthy fats, and less meat and sweets.
The Mayor Clinc has identified the Mediterranean Diet as contributing to a healthy lifestyle.
Research has shown that the traditional Mediterranean diet reduces the risk of heart disease. In fact, an analysis of more than 1.5 million healthy adults demonstrated that following a Mediterranean diet was associated with a reduced risk of death from heart disease and cancer, as well as a reduced incidence of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases.
The Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends the Mediterranean diet as an eating plan that can help promote health and prevent disease. And the Mediterranean diet is one your whole family can follow for good health.
The Mediterranean diet emphasizes:
- Eating primarily plant-based foods, such as fruits and vegetables, whole grains, legumes and nuts
- Replacing butter with healthy fats, such as olive oil
- Using herbs and spices instead of salt to flavor foods
- Limiting red meat to no more than a few times a month
- Eating fish and poultry at least twice a week
- Drinking red wine in moderation (optional)
For more information, visit the Mayo Clinic Website by clicking here.
For information popular Mediterranean Diet recipes, visit the website of ZIyad Brothers Importing. Click here.
- Arab News/YouGov poll sees Biden as being better for Middle East - October 25, 2020
- Arab Americans host online rally for Democratic candidates Sunday Oct. 25, 2020 - October 13, 2020
- Member of Iran’s Parliament in Exile Ali Safavi to guest on “The Ray Hanania Radio Show” - October 13, 2020