ADC creates fund to assist victims of anti-Arab attacks in wake of American-sanctioned Israeli violence in Gaza
A rash of attacks and discriminatory actions against Arab Americans and others who are speaking out against the American government sanction of Israel’s “revenge violence” in the Gaza Strip has raised concerns among officials at the American Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) which has set up a fund to help defend students and individuals who are unfairly criticized, or punished for expressing opposition to the widespread violence
In the past several days, ADC has received an endless barrage of complaints and cases from students across college campuses in the United States tied to the War on Palestine.
The bulk of these complaints are tied to the identity, dress and speech of students on campus and on-line.
The ADC Emergency Fund will help defend victims of this kind of civil rights violations.
This degree of discrimination is approaching post-9/11 levels. We are getting reports of students:
- Being expelled
- Removed from classes
- Asked to go home and change their clothes
- Being monitored and policed for their social media posts
- Subjected to violent attacks on campus
- Losing job opportunities
- Being placed on blacklisting websites
- Targeted for pro-Palestinian speech and activism
In many respects college and university leadership are enabling this discrimination. As such, placing our students in the middle of institutional bigotry and violate from classmates.
Many of these students lack the knowledge and the resources to sufficiently defend themselves and are calling to ADC for help.
During this moment of crisis ADC is establishing an Emergency Fund to protect the civil liberties of our students, and to investigate litigation to ensure their sustained protection on college campuses across the country.
Given the gravity of the war and its duration, this discrimination will persist for the foreseeable future. This Fund will enable ADC to serve the needs of our students, vindicate their rights, and ensure their safety across American college and university campuses.
We anticipate that the preliminary budget for this Fund begins at $150,000.00. Thank you for your continuous support.
To donate, CLICK HERE.
- Hostages versus Prisoners: Israel war on Gaza is as much a war on weaponizing words - December 1, 2023
- Muslim American woman challenges unresponsive Congressman Sean Casten in March 19 Democratic primary - November 21, 2023
- More than 50 journalists killed in Israel-Gaza war - November 21, 2023