ABPA of Washington DC seeking intern sponsors
The Arab American Business and Professional Association (ABPA) is seeking support for a project to help place interns in positions in Washington D.C.
ABPA believes the involvement and additional support of businesses throughout the country is important because we believe that this project’s goals depend on the collaborative, joint efforts of the Arab-American community. It’s vital to not only show support but also to participate.
Here’s how Arab American businesses can help:
- Follow us on social media to increase the amount of outreach to young Arab-Americans in the U.S. & around the world. (Twitter: @abpadc, Instagram: @abpa_dc
- Reach out to Arab-American owned businesses and organizations that offer paid or unpaid internship programs and tell them about our internship placement program.
- Inform students with a connection to the Arab-American world or that have an interest in Middle Eastern affairs to apply.
The Arab-American Business & Professional Association is a business-owners professional network since 1985 and a non-governmental organization with a 501 (c) non-profit designation. ABPA’s internship program places the best students into top companies and federal government agencies. Moreover, through one-on-one mentorship, ABPA provides students with resume help and tips, professional advice, and invaluable industry connections. Our mission is to promote trade and investment opportunities for U.S. and Arab-American businesses, to provide an educational platform for career development, and to increase the professional competency of Arab-Americans.
Among ABPA’s current partners are the US Department of Energy, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Defense, Department of Agriculture, US Securities and Exchange Commission, Government Accountability Office, Library of Congress, US Chamber of Commerce, Institute of International Finance, The Middle East Institute, Arab Center Washington, Gulf International Forum, US-UAE Business Council, and US-Qatar Business Council. ABPA’s unique contribution to the Arab-American community is that it opens the door to federal government careers.
- Last Lunch—Reflecting on Aljazeera’s Documentary of Yemen’s President Al-Hamdi - October 21, 2020
- The Novel Coronavirus is a Challenge to All of Us - April 7, 2020
- Gaza hosts Edward Said Institute for Music Education festival - October 15, 2019