Host an Iftar to help Gaza refugees
The United Nations Relief and Works Agency is organizing worldwide support for Palestinian refugees living in the Israeli besieged Gaza Strip this Ramadan. You can help, too, by hosting an “Iftar for Gaza” event and donating proceeds to support the Palestinians living in the Gaza Strip.
This is especially important because the United States has cut back financial support to the Palestinian refugees and they need your help today!
Last year we cooked up a way for you to help put food on the table for Palestine refugees in the Gaza Strip. After a successful run last year, we’re bringing Iftar for Gaza back and you can sign up to host starting today!
The concept is simple: organize a gathering during Ramadan (mid-May through mid-June 2018) that will feed more than just the guests around your table.
With less than 30 days until Ramadan begins, now is the time to:
- Sign up to host and claim your personalized fundraising page that your guests can donate to and share with their own networks
- Download your step-by-step hosting guide — remember we’re here to help you every step of the way
- Donate $30+ to the fundraising page you create to receive your beautiful hosting kit by mail (pictured here)
With your help this Ramadan, we will show Palestine refugees in Gaza that Americans care. Thank you!I WANT TO HOST
Why should you host?
Nearly one million of the 1.3 million Palestine refugees in the Gaza Strip rely on UNRWA food assistance. Following the US decision to cut funding to UNRWA by $300 million, it has been reported that food may run out by May.
Despite our government’s decision, you have the ability to help stock the shelves of the 12 UNRWA food distribution centers in Gaza with the donations you collect through your fundraising from now through June. By doing so, you help put food on the table for Palestine refugee families that otherwise might go without any this summer.
Already planning your own iftar?
Donations to UNRWA’s cash and food assistance programs are zakat eligible as certified by the National Zakat Foundation.
- Pomegranate Explores Young Woman’s Mesmerizing Journey Toward Self-Empowerment - April 13, 2021
- CAIR wishes Ramadan Kareem to all Muslims - April 13, 2021
- Holy Week registration begins for Orthodox Christians - April 13, 2021