The emirate of Dubai ranked as the number 2 destination for travelers this New Year season, according to a survey conducted by CheapHotels.org. Dubai beat out Miami Beach, which ranked 3 on the CheapHotels survey list.
The number 1 destination is Cancun, Mexico, according tot he survey.
Dubai is only one of two Middle East destinations to make the top 30 travel destination list in the CheapHotels annual survey. The other Arab destination is Doha in Qatar, which was ranked 23.Dubai indoor Ski Slope
Specifically, the survey established the rate for the cheapest available double room for 30 major destinations across the globe. The period spanning December 30, 2015 to January 2, 2016 (3 nights) was used as the comparative time frame. Only centrally located hotels with a rating of at least 3 stars and having a positive overall average guest rating were considered.
In Miami Beach, year-end travelers will have to spend $286 per night for the most affordable room. Compared to prices in the Floridian resort city on a regular date during January, that’s an increase of almost 300%.
Only two destinations elsewhere in the world are slightly more expensive. Dubai, the biggest city in the United Arab Emirates, and the famous Mexican beach resort of Cancun outrank Miami Beach with rates of $302 and $311 per night, respectively.
The second most expensive U.S. destination behind Miami Beach is Los Angeles. It ranks fourth priciest overall on the survey at a nightly rate of $272. The least expensive locales in which to spend New Year’s Eve among the destinations considered are Shanghai, Buenos Aires and Colombia’s capital, Bogota. There overnight guests this year end should find a room for less than $50 per night.
The following table shows the rankings of the top 30 destinations in the world for New Year’s Eve. The rates indicated reflect the price for the cheapest available double room for the period spanning December 30 to January 2 (3 nights). Only hotels with a central location, rated at least 3 stars and possessing a positive average client rating have been considered.
A comparison with regular rates is shown in brackets. The percentage changes reflect the difference from the nightly rate for the most affordable double room during the January 13–16, 2016 time period.
- Cancun $311 (+274%)
- Dubai $302 (+176%)
- Miami Beach $286 (+289%)
- Los Angeles $272 (+76%)
- Edinburgh $268 (+396%)
- New Orleans $249 (+179%)
- Honolulu $246 (+98%)
- New York $245 (+176%)
- Punta Cana $239 (+97%)
- Rio de Janeiro $232 (+295%)
- Sydney (Australia) $225 (+196%)
- Amsterdam (Netherlands) $217 (+239%)
- Tokyo (Japan) $216 (+176%)
- Las Vegas (Nevada) $208 (+225%)
- Hong Kong $179 (+85%)
- Singapore $164 (+121%)
- London (England) $161 (+85%)
- Berlin (Germany) $152 (+157%)
- Cape Town(South Africa) $147 (+200%)
- Toronto (Canada) $122 (+51%)
- Barcelona (Spain) $116 (+182%)
- Paris (France) $116 (+57%)
- Doha (Qatar) $82 (+2%)
- Rome (Italy) $73 (+88%)
- Seoul (South Korea) $73 (+59%)
- Bangkok (Thailand) $62 (+55%)
- Moscow (Russia) $55 (+61%)
- Bogota (Colombia) $42 (-8%)
- Shanghai (China)) $39 (+14%)
- Buenos Aires (Argentina) $38 (+22%)
For the full rankings of the survey, click here.
- Comedian Ahmed Ahmed performs in Chicago June 9-11, 2023 at The Comedy Bar - June 9, 2023
- Adalah: Escalating Annexation Measures Led by Netanyahu Government Require Urgent Intervention of International Community and Tribunals - June 8, 2023
- Politics fuels campaign accusing CUNY graduate of “anti-Semitism” - June 5, 2023