Video: ‘Gaza Fights for Freedom’: An antidote to Israel’s criminal propaganda
A new film by Abby Martin documents a people seeking dignity and basic rights, and ends with an appeal for BDS. Source Palestine Updates
This debut feature film by journalist Abby Martin began while reporting in Palestine, where she was denied entry into Gaza by the Israeli government on the accusation she was a “propagandist.” So Abby connected with a team of journalists in Gaza to produce the film through the blockaded border.
This collaboration shows you Gaza’s protest movement like you’ve never seen before. Filmed during the height of the Great March Of Return protests, it features riveting exclusive footage of demonstrations.
The documentary tells the story of Gaza past and present, showing rare archival footage that explains the history never acknowledged by mass media. You hear from victims of the ongoing massacre, including journalists, medics and the family of internationally-acclaimed paramedic, Razan al-Najjar.
At its core, ‘Gaza Fights For Freedom’ is a thorough indictment of the Israeli military for war crimes, and a stunning cinematic portrayal of Palestinians’ heroic resistance.
Why we’re currently charging a rental fee:
1. ‘Gaza Fights For Freedom’ was funded by donations from our supporters. But our fundraising efforts only covered about half of the production costs. Additional donations can be made at Patreon.com/EmpireFiles
2. Abby Martin will be doing a national tour September-October, showing ‘Gaza Fights For Freedom’ in theaters nationwide. After the screening tour ends, we will make the film more accessible. Click here to get info on the tour: mediaroots.org/gaza-fights-for-freedom-uscanada-screening-tour-with-abby-martin/
View the trailer using the widget below or click this link to go to the website.
Directed, Written & Narrated by Abby Martin
Written & Produced by Mike Prysner
Lead Editor: Taylor Gill
Original Score: Anahedron (John Prysner)
Camera Operators: Asmaa Attia Hamad & Moaz Mousa
Field Producers: Abdulkareem Ajjour & Yousef Abd Al-Rahman Ghaben
Research Assistant: Tara Stone
[Contains some images of graphic violence]
- Why Palestinians are willing to embrace Netanyahu rather than fight for their rights - November 23, 2022
- Pritzker again ignores needs of Arab businesses in latest appointments - November 16, 2022
- Arab and Muslim voters should rally for State Rep. Cyril Nichols Nov. 8 - November 3, 2022