Posts Tagged “presidency”
Ray Hanania is an award winning political columnist and author. He covered Chicago Politics and Chicago City Hall from 1976 through 1992. Hanania began writing in 1975 when he published The Middle Eastern Voice newspaper in Chicago (1975-1977). He later published “The National Arab American Times” newspaper which was distributed through 12,500 Middle East food stores in 48 American States (2004-2007).
Hanania writes weekly columns on Middle East and American Arab issues for the Arab News in Saudi Arabia at www.ArabNews.com, and for TheArabDailyNews.com, and TheDailyHookah.com.
Palestinian, American Arab and Christian, Hanania’s parents originate from Jerusalem and Bethlehem.
Hanania is the recipient of four (4) Chicago Headline Club “Peter Lisagor Awards” for Column writing. In November 2006, he was named “Best Ethnic American Columnist” by the New American Media;In 2009, he received the prestigious Sigma Delta Chi Award for Writing from the Society of Professional Journalists. He is the recipient of the MT Mehdi Courage in Journalism Award. Hanania has also received two (2) Chicago Stick-o-Type awards from the Chicago Newspaper Guild, and in 1990 was nominated by the Chicago Sun-Times for a Pulitzer Prize for his four-part series on the Palestinian Intifada.
His wife and son are Jewish and he performs standup comedy lampooning Arab-Jewish relations, advocating for peace based on non-violence, mutual recognition and Two-States.
His Facebook Page is Facebook.com/rghanania
Email him at: RGHanania@gmail.com
Visit this link to read Ray's column archive at the ArabNews,com www.arabnews.com/taxonomy/term/10906
Latest posts by rayhanania (see all)
- New book explores the Syrian Refugee crisis - February 21, 2018
- Remembering Billy Graham and Christian Arabs - February 21, 2018
- Jordanian hate speech law could further stifle press freedoms - February 20, 2018
Trump: no president has been treated worse than me Remarks by President Trump at United States Coast Guard Academy Commencement Ceremony Coast Guard Academy, New London, Connecticut ====================== “Look at the way I’ve been treated lately — (laughter) — especially by the media. No politician in history — and I say this with great surety — has…
- France correspondent for The Arab Daily News.
- www.bareed-areej.com Editor-in-Chief
رئيس تحرير مجلة بريد الأريج
- Political consultant at IMPR a Think-Tank based in Ankara, Turkey.
- Member at the European Observatory for Arabic Language Teaching based in Paris, France.
- Affiliated with Sociology of Islam Journal and contributor at Middle East Studies / International Studies, Sociology of Islam and Muslim Societies Center, Portland State University in Portland, OR.
EDUCATION: Diplôme des Études Approfondies (DEA) in Political Science from Toulouse University I, France. Master’s degree in Law from Algiers University, Algeria.
Email im at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Abdennour Toumi (see all)
- What’s the Matter with France? - February 11, 2018
- “Olive Branch” Paris Position: Reticence and Opacity - February 2, 2018
- France, Fatherland of Human Rights Vs. Migrants’ Rights - January 18, 2018
Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy losing popularity as he pursues a possible return in 2017, but his book (France for Life) is topping the popularity charts. Sarkozy just cannot stay away from the “limelight” of politics — but he certainly stands to make some money from this book! By Abdennour Toumi Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy…