Etihad Airways Rolls Out The Red Carpet For Guests, Sets New Benchmark With Opening Of Premium Lounge At New York’s JFK Airport
– New lounge opening marks significant investment by Etihad Airways in further improving the ground experience for its guests.
– The addition of John F. Kennedy (JFK) International Airport to the airline’s collection of premium lounges available throughout the world is part of the airline’s strategic lounge development plan and marks Etihad Airways’ second lounge opening within the U.S. after Washington, D.C.’s Dulles International Airport.
– JFK lounge is the first designed in ‘Facets of Abu Dhabi’ identity and reflects new aircraft cabin interiors, livery and uniform, inspired by traditional Emirati design patterns, the landscapes of the desert and the geometric shapes found in the modern architecture of Abu Dhabi.
– New lounge offers world-class hospitality, a signature entrance, expansive and exclusive views with floor to ceiling windows, bar with curated cocktail and mocktail offerings, an intimate dining area, relaxation facilities and new bespoke furniture customized to reflect the airline’s brand.
NEW YORK, Dec. 2, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — James Hogan, President and Chief Executive Officer of Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), today officially opened the airline’s First and Business Class Lounge at JFK International Airport. The new lounge is the second in the United States to join the airline’s collection of premium lounges offered worldwide for its guests.
Conveniently located close to the gate area after the security checkpoint in JFK’s International Terminal 4, the new lounge offers guests a unique travel environment reflecting twenty-first century Abu Dhabi modernism and embodies the highest levels of luxury and comfort for discerning travelers accustomed to world-class air travel experiences.
Mr. Hogan said, “The opening of Etihad Airways’ new First and Business Class Lounge at New York’s JFK International Airport reinforces our commitment to investing in the travel experience and providing our guests with the highest levels of comfort, luxury and world-class hospitality at every point in their travel journey – on the ground and in the air.”
The airline’s new JFK lounge – which enhances its global lounge facilities in Abu Dhabi, Frankfurt, London Heathrow, Manchester, Dublin, Paris, Sydney and Washington, D.C. – is designed with the “Facets of Abu Dhabi” brand theme and exclusively offers guests of Etihad Airways a series of signature moments of discovery and relaxation throughout the space. The lounge is adorned with the brand’s geometric design concept and uses a color palette that reflects the varying hues of the landscape of the UAE, from the darker sands of Liwa to the lighter colors seen in the Northern Emirates, designed by Chicago-based architect firm Gensler and global brand consultants Landor Associates. The new JFK lounge opening expands upon the airline’s strategic lounge development plans.
Amenities in the JFK lounge include a sculptural showcase bar and lounge with an extensive and bespoke cocktail and mocktail offering developed in partnership with a leading London-based beverage consultancy, Fluid Movement – underpinning Etihad’s commitment to culinary innovation and world class food and beverage. In the lounge’s dining area, guests can select from a choice of a la carte and international buffet options.
The lounge is appointed in custom furnishings by Boss, offering a range of distinct seating styles throughout the extensive seating areas available within the lounge. Further features include luxurious restrooms with showers and changing rooms, dedicated male and female ablution and prayer rooms, a library and luggage storage.
Etihad Airways guests travelling in The Residence by Etihad™, First Apartments or Business Studios have access to the lounge pre-flight. A private lounge is accessible exclusively to guests travelling The Residence by Etihad™, complementing the private luxury offered with this service in-flight.
Etihad Airways’ A380 featuring The Residence by Etihad™, First Apartments, Business Studios and Economy Smart Seats commenced service between Abu Dhabi and New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport on November 23, 2015. The daily A380 service replaces a Boeing 777 and complements a second B777 daily flight between the two cities (operated by Etihad Airways on a Jet Airways-branded aircraft).
Etihad Airways commenced services to New York’s JFK Airport on October 26, 2006 and today offers twice daily non-stop flights to Abu Dhabi. Additionally in the United States, Etihad offers daily service between Abu Dhabi and Washington, D.C., Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco, as well as service three times a week to Dallas/Fort Worth.
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways began operations in 2003, and in 2014 carried 14.8 million passengers. From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to or has announced plans to serve 113 passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas. The airline has a fleet of 120 Airbus and Boeing aircraft, and more than 200 aircraft on firm order, including 66 Boeing 787s, 25 Boeing 777Xs, 62 Airbus A350s and five Airbus A380s.
Etihad Airways holds equity investments in airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Jet Airways, Virgin Australia, and Swiss-based Darwin Airline, trading as Etihad Regional. Etihad Airways, along with airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Etihad Regional, Jet Airways and NIKI, also participate in Etihad Airways Partners, a new brand that brings together like-minded airlines to offer customers more choice through improved networks and schedules and enhanced frequent flyer benefits. For more information, please visit: www.etihad.com
- Pappas and Arab Chamber help Arabs save $39,000 in property taxes - September 17, 2021
- Remembering those killed in the 9/11 backlash - September 14, 2021
- Afghan debacle spells poll disaster for Democrats - September 14, 2021