On Oct. 9 and 10, a group of loosely connected protesters plan to host anti-Muslim demonstrations in front of at least 20 mosques, community centers and government offices. While some organizers have urged participants to leave their weapons at home, others are urging protesters to exercise “ALL of your Constitutional Rights.”
While this group has the right to stage lawful demonstrations, all places of worship are legally protected. So, please work with your law enforcement officials to provide officers to protect the Masjid during the demonstrations.
Inaction, isolation, retraction, silo-ing ourselves or hiding behind presumably safe walls is not an option; it simply prolongs the process and intensifies the distrust.
RECOMMENDED ACTIONS FOR MASAJID’S FACING DEMONSTRATIONS.
A. Let every Masjid operate normally, no need to stay home.
B. Every Masjid should fly the American Flag.
C. Let every Masjid provide water for the visitors in front of the building through vendors.
D. Let every Masjid serve serve kosher hot dogs to our friends, subject to availability of funds
E. Muslim women and youth to hold Placards or Banners to say;
1. We welcome our friends, fellow Americans
2. Join us in an interfaith prayer led by a Pastor, Rabbi, Imam or a Priest
3. We are Americans, this is our home
4. We abide by our American Laws
5. We believe in U.S. Constitution
6. Safety of All Americans is our prime goal
7. We are all Americans, let’s join hands
F. We are designing the placards and will make them available on our website www.AmericanMuslimInstitution.org .
For Further information, please contact
Mike Ghouse, Executive Director (214) 325-1916
- Whats the American Muslim Agenda? - February 12, 2019
- Muslims for America Since July 4, 1776 - June 29, 2017
- Eid Al-Fitr Ramadan Sermons to focus on building a Secure Cohesive America - June 25, 2017