National Syrian American Medical Society fundraiser
SAMS the Syrian American Medical Society is hosting its 8th Annual National Conference in Phoenix, AZ on February 15- 17, 2019. The conference will bring together medical professionals, humanitarians, and medical students. For more information, visit us online here.
SAMS 8th Annual National Conference
Arizona Phoenix 02/15/2019 – 02/17/2019
Jodi Debbrecht Switalski
With a background in treatment and medicine, former Judge Jodi astonishes audiences with scientifically based, multi-disciplinary and comprehensive presentations combined with emotional, anecdotal experiences from the field to present one of the most compelling cases for action to mitigate liability resulting from the worst drug epidemic our country has ever seen. Her presentation artfully presents the reality of the epidemic, its impact on all demographics and the paradigm shift of liabilities focus on the medical profession. Jodi will then illustrate the tools necessary to protect your practice, founded in the most current case law, best practices and science. She closes in a style that may shock you, inspire you, and certainly empower you with the simple SOLUTIONS to protect yourself, your practice and your community from this epidemic and wave of litigation.
Judge Jodi will lead a 3-hour session on Sunday, February 17. The objectives of the training will be to:
- Learn and understand the paradigm shift in litigation and why the cross hairs are pointed at the medical and dental professional; this includes a discussion of both criminal and civil trends
- Create an assessment and treatment system to protect against patient diversion attempts, developing addiction and more
- Understand the nuances behind taking a patient history that truly informs
- Get beyond the basics of mitigation strategies – understand what it really means to inform your patients through controlled substance agreements, pain management contracts, acute care policies and more.
- Understand why the one page or brief informed consent document does not constitute knowledge and consent in the face of today’s epidemic
- Learn the specifics of informed consent – everything from when to use, proper form and content, what to say and more.
- Understand that monitoring does not mean policing your patient – how the do no harm philosophy applies when monitoring when using controlled substances.
- Learn the monitoring techniques that are and are not liability and culpability red flags.
- Learn and understand the importance of treatment plans, care coordination strategies, preventing medical abandonment and more.
- Best practices for compliance will be discussed that meet and exceed state requirements.
THIS POST HAS BEEN READ 25368 TIMES SO FAR. THANK YOU!
Ray Hanania is an award winning political and humor columnist who analyzes American and Middle East politics, and life in general. He is an author of several books.
"I write about three topics, the Middle East, politics and life in general. I often take my life experiences and offer them in an entertaining way to readers, and I take on the toughest topics like the Israel-Palestine conflict and don't pull any punches about what I feel is fair. But, my priority is always about writing the good story."
Hanania covered Chicago Politics and Chicago City Hall from 1976 through 1992. Hanania began writing in 1975 when he published The Middle Eastern Voice newspaper in Chicago (1975-1977). He later published “The National Arab American Times” newspaper which was distributed through 12,500 Middle East food stores in 48 American States (2004-2007).
Hanania writes weekly columns on Middle East and American Arab issues for the Arab News in Saudi Arabia at www.ArabNews.com, Middle East Monitor in London, the TheArabDailyNews.com, www.TheDailyHookah.com and at SuburbanChicagoland.com. He has also published weekly columns in the Jerusalem Post newspaper, YNetNews.com, Newsday Newspaper in New York, the Orlando Sentinel Newspapers, and the Arlington Heights Daily Herald.
Palestinian, American Arab and Christian, Hanania’s parents originate from Jerusalem and Bethlehem.
Hanania is the recipient of four (4) Chicago Headline Club “Peter Lisagor Awards” for Column writing. In November 2006, he was named “Best Ethnic American Columnist” by the New American Media. In 2009, Hanania received the prestigious Sigma Delta Chi Award for Writing from the Society of Professional Journalists. He is the recipient of the MT Mehdi Courage in Journalism Award. He was honored for his writing skills with two (2) Chicago Stick-o-Type awards from the Chicago Newspaper Guild. In 1990, Hanania was nominated by the Chicago Sun-Times editors for a Pulitzer Prize for his four-part series on the Palestinian Intifada.
His writings have also been honored by two national Awards from ADC for his writing, and from the National Arab American Journalists Association.
The managing editor of Suburban Chicagoland Online News website www.SuburbanChicagoland.com, Hanania's columns also appeare in the Southwest News Newspaper Group of 8 newspapers.
Click here to send Ray Hanania and email.
His Facebook Page is Facebook.com/rghanania
Visit this link to read Ray's column archive at the ArabNews,com ArabNews.com/taxonomy/term/10906
Latest posts by rayhanania (see all)
- I Heart Halal plans expanded program at Navy Pier April 12-14 - February 19, 2019
- Arab Countries agree on new framework for Halal Certificates Mutual Recognition - February 18, 2019
- WalletHub lists Most and Least Diverse cities in America - February 14, 2019