Max Blumenthal at the al-Hewar Center on Israel, election and Trump
Next Wednesday Al-Hewar Center:
IN-PERSON MEETING – WEDNESDAY, April 17, 2019, 8:00 PM
A conversation with Max Blumenthal (an award-winning journalist and author of several books), about:
“The Palestinian Issue and Trump’s Plans for the Middle East after the Israeli Election” (in English)
Mr. Blumenthal recently published a new book: The Management of Savagery:
How America’s National Security State Fueled the Rise of Al Qaeda, ISIS, and Donald Trump
Mr. Blumenthal will sign copies of his book, which will be available for sale during this event.
(الندوة رقم 1051) الأربعاء 17 نيسان/أبريل 2019 – الساعة 8 مساء:
في مقر الندوات الشهرية: 243 Church Street, NW, Suite 100 (Lower Level), Vienna, VA 22180
ندوة (باللغة الأنجليزية) بالتعاون مع “المركز الفلسطيني” في واشنطن:
حوار مع الكاتب والإعلامي الأميركي ماكس بلومنثال، حول:
القضية الفلسطينية ومشروع “صفقة القرن” بعد الأنتخابات الإسرائيلية
مع تعقيب من مدير “المركز الفلسطيني” الأستاذ محمد محمد
وتُختتم الندوة بتوقيع من المحاضر على نسخ من كتابه الجديد حول “دولة الأمن القومي الأميركي وكيف استفادت منها القاعدة وداعش وحملة ترامب”
Our in-person meetings are held at Vienna Arts Society, 243 Church St. NW, Suite 100 LL, Vienna, VA 22180
THE GENERAL RULES OF DISCUSSION IN AL-HEWAR CENTER:
- When the speaker has finished his/her presentation, everyone who wants to ask a question or make a comment should raise his/her hand. The Moderator will write the names down in order that hands are raised. The Moderator, not the speaker, will ask each audience member to speak at his or her turn.
- Each audience member has three minutes maximum to ask questions or make a comment.
- The Center is a forum for respectful dialogue. The purpose of the question and comment session is to try to understand the opinions and ideas of others. Each person is given the courtesy of speaking without interruption by anyone else in the audience.
- Audience members will have the chance to ask a second question or make a second comment only after everyone else has had an opportunity to speak once, and if time permits.
No reservations needed to attend our events.
All events held at Al-Hewar Center are FREE FOR CENTER SUBSCRIBERS.
Individual Annual Subscription to Al-Hewar Center is only $100.
Reminder: Al-Hewar Center is a private, independent, organization funded by regular and support Subscriptions. All regular events are FREE for subscribers; $5 for non- subscribers. If you would like to become a member, please fill out a Subscription Coupon and submit with the appropriate remittance. Thank you.
Check this link to join Al-Hewar Center:
MOST EVENTS AT AL-HEWAR CENTER FOLLOW THIS GENERAL FORMAT:
- 7:30 pm: Subscribers/Guests Reception with refreshments
- 8:00 pm: Approx. 30 minutes presentation by speaker
- 8:00 pm: Approx. 1 hour discussion among speaker and audience
- 9:25 pm: Announcements and speaker’s final remarks
Subscribe or Donate to Al-Hewar Center
Now you can donate or subscribe with a credit card using PayPal:
The Center for Arab Culture and Dialogue
Founded in 1994
مركز الحوار العربي
تأسس في العام 1994
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 2104, Vienna, Virginia 22180 – U.S.A.
THIS POST HAS BEEN READ 7822 TIMES SO FAR. THANK YOU!
Ray Hanania is an award winning political and humor columnist who analyzes American and Middle East politics, and life in general. He is an author of several books.
"I write about three topics, the Middle East, politics and life in general. I often take my life experiences and offer them in an entertaining way to readers, and I take on the toughest topics like the Israel-Palestine conflict and don't pull any punches about what I feel is fair. But, my priority is always about writing the good story."
Hanania covered Chicago Politics and Chicago City Hall from 1976 through 1992. Hanania began writing in 1975 when he published The Middle Eastern Voice newspaper in Chicago (1975-1977). He later published “The National Arab American Times” newspaper which was distributed through 12,500 Middle East food stores in 48 American States (2004-2007).
Hanania writes weekly columns on Middle East and American Arab issues for the Arab News in Saudi Arabia at www.ArabNews.com, the TheArabDailyNews.com, www.TheDailyHookah.com and at SuburbanChicagoland.com. He has also published weekly columns in the Jerusalem Post newspaper, YNetNews.com, Newsday Newspaper in New York, the Orlando Sentinel Newspapers, and the Arlington Heights Daily Herald.
Palestinian, American Arab and Christian, Hanania’s parents originate from Jerusalem and Bethlehem.
Hanania is the recipient of four (4) Chicago Headline Club “Peter Lisagor Awards” for Column writing. In November 2006, he was named “Best Ethnic American Columnist” by the New American Media. In 2009, Hanania received the prestigious Sigma Delta Chi Award for Writing from the Society of Professional Journalists. He is the recipient of the MT Mehdi Courage in Journalism Award. He was honored for his writing skills with two (2) Chicago Stick-o-Type awards from the Chicago Newspaper Guild. In 1990, Hanania was nominated by the Chicago Sun-Times editors for a Pulitzer Prize for his four-part series on the Palestinian Intifada.
His writings have also been honored by two national Awards from ADC for his writing, and from the National Arab American Journalists Association.
The managing editor of Suburban Chicagoland Online News website www.SuburbanChicagoland.com, Hanania's columns also appeare in the Southwest News Newspaper Group of 8 newspapers.
Click here to send Ray Hanania and email.
His Facebook Page is Facebook.com/rghanania
Visit this link to read Ray's column archive at the ArabNews,com ArabNews.com/taxonomy/term/10906
Latest posts by rayhanania (see all)
- Saudis arrest 13 suspects and prevent terrorist attack - April 22, 2019
- Muslim advocacy group condemns Sri Lanka terrorist attacks - April 22, 2019
- St. George Church celebrates 25th Anniversary of Weeping Icon miracle - April 19, 2019