Culture & Diversity Festival at Dearborn Heights Aug 22-25
On behalf of H.Y.P.E. Athletics Community and the youth we serve, we would like to invite you to attend our 1stAnnual Michigan Diversity and Culture Festival. As an organization, we are committed to promoting and advocating for unity, tolerance and love for all the ethnic groups, and cultures that make our beautiful, diverse State.
- Celebrating the rich intercultural diversity, the Michigan Cultural & Diversity Festival opens its doors for the annual event Thursday, August 22, 2019 from 2pm at the HYPE Athletics Center in Dearborn Heights, Michigan.
- Michigan Cultural & Diversity Festival creates a Cultural and Educational Experience like no other in the Metro Detroit Region. The festival delivers a once in a year experience in which our vendors are encouraged to present The Best of the Best from their countries.
- Our food Vendors will not only showcase the best food from around the world, they will educate and cultivate the experience with every bite.
- The event is free of charge and the public will have the opportunity to learn, to eat, to dance, to shop, to witness these vibrantly connected cultures and create their own connections with each and every single country presented in the event.
Our mission is the strengthen the identity of each our region with a focus on cultural awareness, unity, tolerance and understanding. To preserve the culture of each country to the public throughout the event all allow for our families to learn, love, appreciate the similarities and differences.
Our vision is to provide the best experience, that allow for all to learn, teach and share the diverse values.
Join thousands as we celebrate with over 20 ethnic food tents, International Music and Live performances, Artesian Tents, cultural activities for kids and more. Our Partners from the Wayne County Health Department will be present with free medical services such as vaccines, testing and much more.
The Ford Foundation has partnered with HYPE to offer 500 kids with a back to school back pack loaded with supplies. Kids are welcome to pick up a free back pack on Friday, August 23rdfrom 11am – 3pm. While supplies last.
A Special 5k Run through the Beautiful Hines Drive is scheduled for Saturday, August 24. Registration is available at www.hypeathletics.org. The participants are asked to arrive by 9:00am and the race will begin at 10:00am. Prizes and goodies for participants.
On Sunday, August 25th, the Festival lights and sounds will turned off as well welcome our youth and adults alike during our Special Needs and Autism Day. The program will run from 11:00am – 3:00pm.
Fun, Food, Music, Games and MEMORIES. The Michigan Culture and Diversity Festival August 22-25 at the HYPE Athletics Center in Dearborn Heights.
HYPE 2018 YEAR IN REVIEW
HYPE has partnered with the State of Michigan Rehabilitation Services Department since September of 2016. We offered over 540 individuals with special needs the employment training and support to secure employment in the work field.
The SAFE Substance Abuse Coalition of HYPE offers prevention, diversion and intervention based services. Monthly programs target families and offer resources to all. Monthly education programs are offered to families to assist in the coping process as well as providing resources to guide them through the recovery process. HYPE Athletics is currently offering weekly NA and AA meeting to assist our community in its recovery goals. Our objective is to provide a better quality of life to the residents and our neighbors.
HYPE is proud to have served over 5000+ youth in our many athletics and fitness programs. These programs include basketball leagues, tournaments and camps, soccer leagues and camps, swim lessons, swim team, football camps, Tennis Camps, Soccer Camps, Gymnastics, Dance, Ballet, Karate, Taekwondo, volleyball, boxing and much more.
ANNUAL PROGRAMS OFFERED AT THE HYPE ATHLETICS CENTER
- Camp Hype – day camp with indoor and outdoor education, sports, arts & crafts
- Engineering for Kids – STEM program to introduce youngsters
- Paint n Party- brunch and paint to introduce art
- Hype Off Site School Programs – offering mentoring, substance abuse seminars and athletics
- After School Activities- arts & crafts, board games, music
- Free SAT Prep Classes – preparation for Junior’s & Senior’s in High School
- Adopt a Family – support needy families in the community
- Free Green House – teaching agriculture, growing produce and feeding the needy
- Tutoring – after school assistance, math connection, reading recovery
- Distribution of Free Drug Tests –no questions asked for Parents in need
- SAFE Substance Abuse Coalition –serve hundreds of families in fighting the drug epidemic
- Hype Back to School Festival – hand out free back pack and carnival games to community
- Halloween Safety Night – assist our first responders in patrolling the streets
- Turkey Giveaway- feed a turkey meal to over 1000 families
- Feed Detroit- go serve a hot meal to hundreds of homeless and less fortunate families
- Food Drive – collect canned goods through the year
- Toys for Tots – partnered with the local police and fire departments to collect toys for Christmas
- Project Dignity – feeding and clothing the homeless in Detroit
- Blood Drives – held drives for the American Red Cross to aid in the blood shortage
And much more.