Posts Tagged “tensions”
Ray Hanania is an award winning political columnist and author. He covered Chicago Politics and Chicago City Hall from 1976 through 1992. Hanania began writing in 1975 when he published The Middle Eastern Voice newspaper in Chicago (1975-1977). He later published “The National Arab American Times” newspaper which was distributed through 12,500 Middle East food stores in 48 American States (2004-2007).
Hanania writes weekly columns on Middle East and American Arab issues for the Arab News in Saudi Arabia at www.ArabNews.com, and for TheArabDailyNews.com, and TheDailyHookah.com.
Palestinian, American Arab and Christian, Hanania’s parents originate from Jerusalem and Bethlehem.
Hanania is the recipient of four (4) Chicago Headline Club “Peter Lisagor Awards” for Column writing. In November 2006, he was named “Best Ethnic American Columnist” by the New American Media;In 2009, he received the prestigious Sigma Delta Chi Award for Writing from the Society of Professional Journalists. He is the recipient of the MT Mehdi Courage in Journalism Award. Hanania has also received two (2) Chicago Stick-o-Type awards from the Chicago Newspaper Guild, and in 1990 was nominated by the Chicago Sun-Times for a Pulitzer Prize for his four-part series on the Palestinian Intifada.
His wife and son are Jewish and he performs standup comedy lampooning Arab-Jewish relations, advocating for peace based on non-violence, mutual recognition and Two-States.
His Facebook Page is Facebook.com/rghanania
Email him at: RGHanania@gmail.com
Visit this link to read Ray's column archive at the ArabNews,com www.arabnews.com/taxonomy/term/10906
Latest posts by rayhanania (see all)
- World Premiere set for film “Naila and the Uprising” - October 17, 2017
- Kayrouz keynotes welcome speech for new U.S. citizens at Federal Immigration Ceremony - October 17, 2017
- Love Blossoms and Cultures Collide in Yasminas Necklace - October 17, 2017
Peace activists urge Trump to prevent Jerusalem escalation Americans for Peace Now (APN) to Trump Administration: Help Prevent Further Escalation in Jerusalem Washington, DC – Alarmed at the flare-up of violence on and around Jerusalem’s Temple Mount / Haram al-Sharif, and extremely concerned about a further deterioration, Americans for Peace Now (APN) is calling on…
- France correspondent for The Arab Daily News.
- www.bareed-areej.com Editor-in-Chief
رئيس تحرير مجلة بريد الأريج
- Political consultant at IMPR a Think-Tank based in Ankara, Turkey.
- Member at the European Observatory for Arabic Language Teaching based in Paris, France.
- Affiliated with Sociology of Islam Journal and contributor at Middle East Studies / International Studies, Sociology of Islam and Muslim Societies Center, Portland State University in Portland, OR.
EDUCATION: Diplôme des Études Approfondies (DEA) in Political Science from Toulouse University I, France. Master’s degree in Law from Algiers University, Algeria.
Latest posts by Abdennour Toumi (see all)
- Ahmet Uysal discusses Kurdish independence from Iraq - October 7, 2017
- All you Need to Know about Algerian Political Harvest Season - September 29, 2017
- Algeria: Something Is Not Right Happened in Raïs - September 19, 2017
All Arabs Must Feel Like Qataris Qatar’s foreign policy objectives are clear that political realism does not require indifference to political ideals and moral principles. By Abdennour Toumi Everybody talks about Qatar and when they do, their conversation centers on the international break-up of diplomatic relations between Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Bahrain, Yemen, Egypt, Libya,…