Posts Tagged “Paris terrorism”
Ray Hanania is an award winning political columnist and author. He covered Chicago Politics and Chicago City Hall from 1976 through 1992. Hanania began writing in 1975 when he published The Middle Eastern Voice newspaper in Chicago (1975-1977). He later published “The National Arab American Times” newspaper which was distributed through 12,500 Middle East food stores in 48 American States (2004-2007).
Hanania writes weekly columns on Middle East and American Arab issues for the Arab News in Saudi Arabia at www.ArabNews.com, and for TheArabDailyNews.com, and TheDailyHookah.com.
Palestinian, American Arab and Christian, Hanania’s parents originate from Jerusalem and Bethlehem.
Hanania is the recipient of four (4) Chicago Headline Club “Peter Lisagor Awards” for Column writing. In November 2006, he was named “Best Ethnic American Columnist” by the New American Media;In 2009, he received the prestigious Sigma Delta Chi Award for Writing from the Society of Professional Journalists. He is the recipient of the MT Mehdi Courage in Journalism Award. Hanania has also received two (2) Chicago Stick-o-Type awards from the Chicago Newspaper Guild, and in 1990 was nominated by the Chicago Sun-Times for a Pulitzer Prize for his four-part series on the Palestinian Intifada.
His wife and son are Jewish and he performs standup comedy lampooning Arab-Jewish relations, advocating for peace based on non-violence, mutual recognition and Two-States.
His Facebook Page is Facebook.com/rghanania
Email him at: RGHanania@gmail.com
Visit this link to read Ray's column archive at the ArabNews,com www.arabnews.com/taxonomy/term/10906
Latest posts by rayhanania (see all)
- Bringing American Palestinians & Israelis together is first step to peace - June 23, 2017
- Study shows Extra-Virgin Olive Oil preserves memory - June 21, 2017
- Palestinians failing in telling their story - June 15, 2017
Lots has been written about the French sculptor who designed the Statue of Liberty, the gift to America from France, but little was noted about the original concept which may have been based on an earlier design the sculptor did of an Arab woman in Egypt By Ray Hanania Americans have short memories, usually driven…
Latest posts by Mike Ghouse (see all)
- Muslims need tune-up on free speech, and lots of catching up - June 17, 2017
- Muslims Respond to Perfect Man (Muhammad pbuh) – Bill Boards - June 13, 2017
- Anti-Sharia rallies are bad for America – Mike Ghouse - June 9, 2017
Mike Ghouse Indeed, war on Terror is the dumbest idea ever floated, there is another way to handle it; the Islamic way If a thief breaks into your home, would you ask him his religion? And if he were to says, he belongs to your faith; would you let him get away? When a terrorist…
- France correspondent for The Arab Daily News.
- www.bareed-areej.com Editor-in-Chief
رئيس تحرير مجلة بريد الأريج
- Political consultant at IMPR a Think-Tank based in Ankara, Turkey.
- Member at the European Observatory for Arabic Language Teaching based in Paris, France.
- Affiliated with Sociology of Islam Journal and contributor at Middle East Studies / International Studies, Sociology of Islam and Muslim Societies Center, Portland State University in Portland, OR.
EDUCATION: Diplôme des Études Approfondies (DEA) in Political Science from Toulouse University I, France. Master’s degree in Law from Algiers University, Algeria.
Latest posts by Abdennour Toumi (see all)
- President Macron’s Pragmatic Maghreb Foreign Policy - June 17, 2017
- All Arabs Must Feel Like Qataris - June 8, 2017
- Portland Muslim community between condemnation & compassion - May 30, 2017
By Abdennour Toumi Paris, France — Across the mythical French capital, from Paris’ northeastern banlieue to Republic Square, symbol of liberty and conviviality, a pleasant evening to enjoy. On Friday the 13th, do you remember eleven months ago, a policeman was shot dead in the street in the eleventh arrondissement before twelve satiric journalists were…