Posts Tagged “Netherlands”
Email her at: email@example.com
Latest posts by Hebah Fisher (see all)
- Six years on from a revolution, the startup scene in Tunisia thrives - September 7, 2017
- Podcast: Yemeni Coffee During the War - April 20, 2017
- Podcast: Trump’s Travel Ban and its Effects - February 9, 2017
A Love Story to Defeat the Odds. A modern love story By Kerning Cultures Love in 56KB. He was in Beirut during the Lebanon-Israel war; she was in a small village outside of Rotterdam. They met on MSN Messenger. Episode Credits Produced by Alex Atack, Razan Alzayani, and Hebah Fisher, with sound design by Ramzi…
photographer Mohammed Asad's photo of Dalia Khalifa won an award in March 2015 at a competition organised by the UN.
'Unbreakable' - is the photo of 9yr old Dalia Khalifa, taken at Al-Shifa Hospital on Aug 9th, 2014. Dalia was badly injured in an Israeli air strike during Operation 'Protective Edge'.
'Unbreakable' is the Grand Jury Winner in the photography competition, organised by the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs in the Middle East and North Africa (UN OCHA).
[EDITOR'S NOTE: Mohammed Asad's home in Shujaiyya was destroyed by Israeli missiles, mortars and tank fire on Friday August 1, 2014 while he was documenting the Israeli massacre of civilians in the Gaza Strip. He is now living in temporary housing as he scrambles to find Internet access to share his photographs when possible.]
Latest posts by Mohammed Asad (see all)
- UN Secretary General visits Palestine, Israel - August 30, 2017
- Fadi Thabit photo exhibit documents Gaza Life - July 14, 2017
- Palestinian children celebrate Ramadan Eid in besieged Gaza Strip - June 27, 2017
Netherlands hosts Islamic display at embassy Netherlands embassy in Gaza opens a historical and cultural display of Islamic scripts and artifacts By Mohammed Asad The Embassy of the Netherlands opened an historical exhibition of a collection of Islamic scripts and information related to the Koran which Muslims scholars trace to ancient times. The Ambassador of the Netherlands…