Posts Tagged “Graffiti”
Email her at: email@example.com
Latest posts by Hebah Fisher (see all)
- Six years on from a revolution, the startup scene in Tunisia thrives - September 7, 2017
- Podcast: Yemeni Coffee During the War - April 20, 2017
- Podcast: Trump’s Travel Ban and its Effects - February 9, 2017
Reclaiming the culture of Lebanon with culture and art: reviving Hamra Street with graffiti. By: Kerning Cultures Yazan Halwani is a street artist, still in his early 20s. Over the past year, I’ve met with Yazan a few times, following his work closely and always, with great admiration. When I finally got to sit down with him…
photographer Mohammed Asad's photo of Dalia Khalifa won an award in March 2015 at a competition organised by the UN.
'Unbreakable' - is the photo of 9yr old Dalia Khalifa, taken at Al-Shifa Hospital on Aug 9th, 2014. Dalia was badly injured in an Israeli air strike during Operation 'Protective Edge'.
'Unbreakable' is the Grand Jury Winner in the photography competition, organised by the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs in the Middle East and North Africa (UN OCHA).
[EDITOR'S NOTE: Mohammed Asad's home in Shujaiyya was destroyed by Israeli missiles, mortars and tank fire on Friday August 1, 2014 while he was documenting the Israeli massacre of civilians in the Gaza Strip. He is now living in temporary housing as he scrambles to find Internet access to share his photographs when possible.]
Latest posts by Mohammed Asad (see all)
- UN Secretary General visits Palestine, Israel - August 30, 2017
- Fadi Thabit photo exhibit documents Gaza Life - July 14, 2017
- Palestinian children celebrate Ramadan Eid in besieged Gaza Strip - June 27, 2017
Palestinian artists are helping to send the message that reminds Israel that the World sees Israel’s brutality, its destruction and the human trauma Israel has created in the Gaza Strip. A new generation of Palestine children see Israel for what it really is By Mohammed Asad The artwork of several foreign and local activists/artists who draw…